How you can help...
Small Actions, BIG IMPACT
- Speak up for tigers! Part of our mission is to raise awareness for the tiger so please spread the word amongst your family, friends and colleagues. Tell them about the plight of the tiger and what we are doing to help save this species from extinction.
- Attend our events - Keep up to date with our events and fundraising campaigns and please do come along and encourage as many people as you can to do the same!
- Join us on Facebook and Twitter
- Report any sales of tiger products. All sales of tiger products are illegal. Do not buy anything as evidence - this only encourages the trade and could even leave you open to prosecution in some countries. Please report any sales of tiger products to your local wildlife crime unit. Follow this link to find your local constabularies http://www.nwcu.police.uk/wildlife-crime-links/. Alternatively, if you live outside of the UK, you can contact your national authority responsible for implementing the UN Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES). Contacts can be found here: http://www.cites.org/cms/index.php/component/cp/ . Please also inform the CITES Secretariat Chief of Enforcement Support, Mr Ben Janse Van Rensburg at Ben.JVANRENSBURG@cites.org.
- Write to your local MP and the Chinese Ambassador. Send a letter to your local MP. Ask them to ensure that your government increases funding for tiger conservation and puts pressure on other countries to help stop the trade. You could also write to the ambassador of China in your country. Request information on what steps China is taking to stop the criminals controlling the trade, what action China is taking to end the demand for tiger parts, and what China is doing to close down tiger farms.
- Volunteer! We are always looking for volunteers to help us with our events - please see our volunteer section for more details and ways to get involved.
- Donate your time and expertise. Do you have a skill that could help us? We are always on the look out for artists, photographers or professionals with experience in marketing or PR (or anything else that you think could be of use!) that could donate their time to help our cause. Please email email@example.com to get in touch!
Images © Sam Lane