Did you know…
· Tiger stripes are like our finger prints – no two are the same.
· A tigers ROAR can be heard as far as two miles away.
· A group of tigers is known as an ‘Ambush’ or a ‘Streak’.
· The tiger is the LARGEST wild cat in the world.
· Tigers can reach speeds of up to 40 miles per hour.
· Tigers can jump over five metres in length – that’s longer than two humans lying along the ground.
· A tiger’s tail is around one metre in length – that’s about the same height as you!
· Tiger cubs leave their mother when they are just two years old.
· A female tiger is called a tigress
· Not only is a tigers fur striped – its skin is striped too.
· Tigers are endangered. This means they are at risk of becoming extinct as not many are left in the wild.
· The biggest threat to tigers is humans. Some humans hunt tigers and others take away their homes.